The Cute Report

Rhiannon Adelia Reinhard is a child of the 21st century: first blog at three; categorizes movies by format (e.g. DVD), figured out the CD player console by the age of two, and one of her favorite shows is the US version of The Office. Readers of The Cute Report will receive occasional posts of new, remarkable, and often funny events in the daily life of a now-five-year-old girl for whom beds still are for jumping and inanimate objects talk and have feelings (Disney-inspired animism, no doubt).

Monday, September 15, 2008


Curioser and Curioser


Rhiannon startled me today with a most-unusual request. We were having an action figure party when she all of a sudden stands up and closes the door. She looks at me very seriously.

"Dad?"

"Yes."

"I want you to do what I do, even if it's gross, OK?"

I think about this for a moment. Hmm. "Sure!"

Rhiannon smiles and immediately drops her pants.

"Rhiannon, I don't think I'm going to do that."

She is bottomless and a little angry.

"You have to! You PROMISED to do what I do!"

"No. I'm not taking my pants off."

"Dad!"

"No!"

"But when Kwynn and I did it, she took her pants off and I took mine off. It was FUN!"

Oh God. I held my ground.

"Rhiannon, if you want me to pick my nose, I will, but I'm not taking my pants of. Sorry."

She thinks about this for a minute, and then pulls her pants up.

"OK. Can we play with Barbies?"

"Sure."

And when Rhiannon plays Barbies, their clothes are off in an instant. So they can put different clothes on, of course.

Rhiannon. Nakedly cute.

Andrew (Papa)

1 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's absolutely normal :P I mean to see your dad naked. don't you dads do that in the states...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home