The Cute Report

Rhiannon Adelia Reinhard is a child of the 21st century: first blog at three; categorizes movies by format (e.g. DVD), figured out the CD player console by the age of two, and one of her favorite shows is the US version of The Office. Readers of The Cute Report will receive occasional posts of new, remarkable, and often funny events in the daily life of a now-five-year-old girl for whom beds still are for jumping and inanimate objects talk and have feelings (Disney-inspired animism, no doubt).

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Dear Anthony...


Rhiannon is losing her first tooth. It started wiggling today, and now it is quite loose. At first she was petrified, but as they day grew into night, she became more and more enthusiastic.

"All I am going to do tomorrow is wiggle my tooth!"

Ah, Spring Break. Would that I had a single day to loaf and wiggle. Rhiannon is completely amped about it.

"And I will tell Miss Mark and everybody at school NEXT Monday!"

I remind her that her colleague, Tyson (she spells it as "Tysin" which may be his Emo name one day), recently lost a tooth.

"It was his first," she says.

You always remember your first.

"You know Rhiannon, that's pretty exciting losing your first tooth almost the same time as Tyson."

"Yeah. I think I am going to marry him. I need to write Anthony a letter."

She dictates the curt note to me to send to her about-to-be-ex-husband:

"Dear Anthony...I think you are a wife-beater. I am going to break up with you. Love, Rhiannon."

This is likely for the best, plus she can get an annulment. Tyson is a good boy, handsome and strong, and apparently is smart and is a gentleman.

As for her tooth, Rhiannon is eagerly awaiting the tooth fairy.

"Maybe she will bring me candy!"

*snort*

"I don't know, Rhiannon. She usually brings money."

Rhiannon's eyes get big. I can tell she is counting in her head how many quarters are coming to her.

"Okay!"

Rhiannon now sleeps, and my guess is that she is dreaming of a quicker way to a tooth fairy payday. We'll see.

Rhiannon. So cute and sweet, she'll give you a cavity.

Andrew (Papa)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home